Whether its chicken or lamb this recipe will guarantee a succulent chicken roast. In order to get the best results you need great flavour. It’s always best to leave it overnight to allow the marinate to find its way through the chicken. The sweet and spicy combination really goes down a treat. Everybody knows you need to have a chicken roast with traditional British sides. The roasted vegetables, Yorkshire puddings and gravy, delicious.Just whack it all together and roast it in a hot oven. The fall off the bone chicken will be a definite winner and is perfect for the whole family.
1 whole chicken
3 tbsp peri peri flakes
2 tbsp chilli flakes (optional)
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp ginger power
1 tbsp coriander powered
1 tbsp garam masala
4 tbsp oil
Pinch salt according to taste
Finely chopped coriander
1. Wash and prep the chicken
2. Score the chicken with a knife
3. Add all the ingredient; oil, peri peri flakes, ground black pepper, garlic power, ginger powder, coriander power, honey, finely chopped coriander and mix in a large bowl.
4. Add the chicken to the larger bowl and massage the chicken well ensuring all the marinate covers the whole chicken.
5. Marinate the chicken overnight for best results.
6. Preheat the oven to gas mark 7
7. Spray the bottom of a baking tray with oil or butter and place the chicken.
8. Cover the chicken with tin foil.
9. Cook the chicken for about 30mins with the foil and then remove the foil and cook for another 30 mins or until the chicken has browned and cooked.
10. Served with roasted vegetables.